Adult orthodontics is increasingly getting popular as it empowers you with a confident smile and straight teeth at any age. The scientific progress in the field of orthodontics made teeth straightening for adults possible without the visible metal braces. We at Brite Orthodontics proudly serve the residents of Rome, NY, and surrounding Oneida County with high-qualityadult orthodonticslike clear aligners and invisible braceswith utmost care and at affordable prices.
Common Reasons for Adults to get Orthodontic Treatment:
- To get rid of crooked teeth, which cause pressure and pain in the jaw
- To correct bite issues so that eating and chewing becomes easy
- To get even and straight teeth for flaunting a confident smile
- To prevent gum disease in adults
- To stop extra spacing or crowding of teethwhich results in tooth decay
Orthodontic Treatment Options for Adults
With the advancement in the field of orthodontics, there are numerous adult orthodontic options from which you and your orthodontist can choose. However, the following are the most common and effective solutions:-.
When it comes to adult orthodontics, Invisalign aligners are the most popular choice for obvious reasons. Invisalign for adults is super convenient as you don’t have many food restrictions. This is because you can remove them when you eat. But you should not forget to wear them again. Moreover,Invisalign is a set of clear aligners which are not visible to others. So your orthodontic treatment can be done discreetly.
It is one of the most conventional typesof braces for adults and kids as well. Metal braces are tied with the help of a wire to your teeth. The wire is periodically adjusted according to the movement of your teeth in the correct position. Metal braces are ideal for adults as they restore the misaligned teeth within a short span of time. You might initially feel uneasy with metal braces, but the discomfort mostly disappears in a few days.
Clear Braces / Ceramic Braces
Orthodontists prefer clear braces for adults as these braces are non-visible to others. This is because they are made of porcelain or ceramic, which is similar to the color of your teeth. They are also known as Invisible braces or ceramic braces. Clear braces are tied to your teeth with wires like traditional metal braces, but they are much discreet. They can pretty much treat every misalignment of teeth thatmetal braces can treat.
The Cost of Adult Orthodontics
The average cost of braces for adults differs according to the condition of your misalignment and capacity to spend. Still, adult braces are relatively cheaper than other orthodontic treatments. At Brite Orthodontics, NY, we ensure that you don’t stay away from a confident smile because of the budget constraint. We offer the best yet affordable braces for adults. We also provide flexible payment options.
Benefits of Adult Orthodontic Treatment
Braces are one of the most recommended orthodontic treatments for adults. Some of the prominent benefits of braces are mentioned here!
- Corrects Your BiteMalocclusion or bite issue is a common dental problem across the U.S.A. and the world.Adult braces help in treating all kinds of incorrect bites, including overbite, underbite, crossbite, etc. Orthodontic treatment for adults is more complicated. The reason being there is not enough room in the mouth for moving the teeth. However, an orthodontist can manage to make your bite functional, if not perfect, with the help of adult braces.
- They Reduce Oral Health ProblemsMisaligned and crooked teeth are not merely an inconvenience. They can develop into severe dental issues such as gum disease, chipped teeth, thinning of the jawbone, tooth decay, etc. many of these concerns arise due to uneven pressure of teeth on your jaw. This uneven pressure can also lead to chronic pain in TMJ. It is imperative to address these issues with the help of braces.
- They Boost Self-Confidence – Makes You Look Good and Feel ConfidentIt’s natural to aspire for a confident smile and presentable appearance. But sometimes, the misalignment of your teeth comes in your way. You might feel shy in social situations and refrain from getting a smiling picture. Braces provide an opportunity for teeth straightening for adults. It brings back your self-confidence and takes away your social anxiety due to your appearance.
- They Are More AffordableThe modern orthodontic techniques allow you to choose from many options of adult braces. That means if one type of braces is out of your budget, you can always get an alternative. The majority of orthodontic centers offer flexible payment schemes to help their patients with adult braces cost. Moreover, getting braces can save you from undergoing an expensive and complicated surgery later.