If you are considering getting Invisalign, you’ve probably heard about “Invisalign chewies” and wondered what they are. These tiny miracles, also known as orthodontic chewies and aligner chewies, can make your Invisalign experience even more enjoyable.
Do you want to know how to use Invisalign chewies, their benefits, and side effects? You are about to find out all this and more! Now sit back, relax, and get ready to learn about this often-overlooked tool that will take your orthodontic treatment to the next level.
What are Chewies for Invisalign?
Invisalign chewies are little cylindrical instruments composed of a soft, flexible substance. They are particularly intended to assist in correctly seating your clear aligners and ensuring a tight fit. They help your aligner to comply with the shape of your teeth perfectly.
What are Aligner Chewies Used for?
Aligner chewies may appear tiny, but they play a big part in your Invisalign treatment. When you wear your aligners, they should fit tightly against your teeth in order to apply the appropriate amount of pressure and gradually shift your teeth into the ideal position.
Chewies aid in this by giving a hard and equal force when biting down on them. This eliminates any air spaces between your aligners and your teeth, resulting in a correctly placed aligner.
How Do Chewies Accelerate Invisalign Treatment?
You may be wondering how chewies accelerate the Invisalign treatment procedure. The answer lies in their capacity to improve the fit of your aligners. When your aligners are properly fitted, they can provide the desired pressure to your teeth, helping them shift into the intended position more quickly.
Chewies assist to ensure that your aligners are well positioned, which can help to speed up your treatment process.
How to Use Chewies for Invisalign?
Using Invisalign chewies is simple and easy. Here’s how to utilize them appropriately, step by step:
- Begin by inserting your aligners normally.
- Insert the chewie between your teeth, focusing on the rear teeth where your aligners frequently require a little more pressure.
- Gently yet firmly bite down on the chewie for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Move the chewie around your mouth, biting on each side and in different places.
- Repeat this procedure multiple times every day, particularly after installing a new set of aligners.
What are the Side Effects of Orthodontic Chewies?
Invisalign chewies are typically safe to use, although they may cause some pain, like any dental accessory. Temporary stiffness or soreness in the jaw or teeth is the most prevalent side effect of chewies. However, this is also related to the side effect of Invisalign.
Initially, your aligners might also feel uncomfortable as they put pressure on your teeth. And, because chewies help aligners do their job, the pressure and discomfort might increase.
However, all the pain and discomfort should go away within a few days as your mouth adjusts to the pressure. Apart from that, orthodontic chewies have no adverse effect on your teeth or gums.
Can Invisalign Chewies Be Reused?
It may be tempting to reuse your Invisalign chewies to save money, and they are also labeled reusable in multipacks. But, many experts recommend using a new chewie each time as it is safer.
Chewies deteriorate with time, losing elasticity and usefulness. Reusing chewies may also bring germs into your mouth, increasing your risk of dental problems. For the most significant results, use a new chewie each time. And if you need to reuse a chewie anyway, make sure to clean it thoroughly before putting it in your mouth.
What are the Advantages of Using Chewies?
It is natural for you to wonder why you need to invest in chewies at all. What does it brings to the table? Well, aligner chewies provide various advantages to orthodontic patients like you. Here are some of their primary benefits:
- Improved Aligner Fit: Chewies assist in ensuring that your aligners fit properly and are as effective as possible in shifting your teeth.
- Faster Treatment Progress: By using chewies regularly, you can accelerate your Invisalign treatment by assisting your aligners in exerting the proper pressure on your teeth.
- Increased Comfort: Chewies can assist in decreasing any discomfort or soreness produced by ill-fitting aligners.
- Convenient and Portable: Invisalign chewies are tiny, lightweight, and simple to carry anywhere, making them an ideal treatment accessory.
Are There Any Invisalign Chewies Alternatives?
You can try a few alternatives if you don’t have access to Invisalign chewies or prefer not to use them. They are:
- Use Your Fingers: Gently pushing your aligners with your fingertips might have the same effect as chewies.
- Apply Pressure With a Clean Cotton Swab: You can apply pressure to your aligners with a clean cotton swab, concentrating on the regions that require greater power.
- Bite on a Folded Piece of Gauze: To apply the proper pressure, fold a tiny piece of gauze, insert it between your teeth, and try to bite on it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Invisalign Chewies
1. How often should Invisalign chewies be used?
Some dentists and orthodontists recommend chewies for five minutes twice a day. That is a general norm, but you must consult your dentist to know how many times you need to do it daily.
2. Do chewable speed up the Invisalign process?
Yes! Chewies are a soft, plastic object that helps your aligners fit better.
3. Is it possible to reuse Invisalign chewies?
Yes, you may reuse your Invisalign chewies.
Invisalign chewies play a big part in guaranteeing the success of your Invisalign treatment. They can help you improve the fit of your aligners, accelerate your treatment, and increase your overall comfort. For the most remarkable effects, use them consistently and change them regularly.
If you don’t have access to Invisalign chewies, alternate methods might be helpful, such as using your fingers or a clean cotton swab. So, embrace the power of chewies and maximize your Invisalign experience! Remember to do it with the permission of your dentist or orthodontist.