Do you want your misaligned teeth to be treated with the discreet Invisalign rather than the visibly awkward traditional braces? Well, that’s the right decision to take! Based on our years of experience of Invisalign treatment in Rome, New York, we can swear by the fact that Invisalign works as well as any other orthodontic treatment. And it does so without letting anyone know or asking questions about your teeth.
It’s noteworthy that the amount of care you take of your Invisalign is directly proportionate to their effectiveness. Now you may have specific queries about the care and maintenance of Invisalign, like can you drink with Invisalign! Read on to find out answers to your questions. You will also find some general but helpful tips on drinking with Invisalign at the end of this post.
Tips to Drink With Invisalign
It’s pretty challenging not to drink any beverages mentioned above for the 20-22 hours of Invisalign wearing duration. So here are some tips to help you have your favorite beverage once in a while without hurting your Invisalign treatment.
- You can drink alcoholic or sugary drinks with a straw. It minimizes the contact of the drink to your aligners and teeth. Earn bonus points by using biodegradable straws instead of plastic straw.
- Always carry a dedicated case with Invisalign aligners with you. Put your aligners in that case only.
- You can remove your Invisalign braces before having drinks like soda, alcohol, tea, coffee, etc. And put them back once you are done. But remember, it is compulsory to wear Invisalign for at least 20-22 hours a day for your treatment to succeed.
- Brush your teeth after every meal and floss once a day. These habits will keep any bacteria and cavities of your drinks at bay.
- Drink lots of water. It flushes down any food debris. It keeps your mouth clean and free of bacteria.
- Keep your aligners clean with the help of Invisalign cleaning crystals. This product is specifically designed to clean your Invisalign. You can also use alternate solutions such as toothbrushes, cleaning soaks, mouthwash, etc.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after your meal and drinks and before putting on your aligners.
- Indulging in your favorite drinks once in a while should not be a problem. But you can’t regularly drink alcohol, soda, or coffee during your Invisalign treatment. Remember, moderation is the key.
The above FAQs give you a general idea about your life after Invisalign. Your orthodontist will provide you with a specific list of what you can drink with Invisalign and what beverages to avoid. You should strictly follow the Invisalign dos and don’ts to get the best result from your treatment which is your bright and beautiful smile.
Want to know more about the treatment of misaligned teeth with Invisalign aligners? Call us now at our clinic in Rome, New York, for a free consultation and get all the information you need.
There are specific rules about drinking various beverages with Invisalign. Here we are answering the most common FAQs regarding Invisalign.
No. You shouldn’t drink alcoholic beverages with your Invisalign. And the rule applies to all kinds of alcoholic drinks, be it beer, wine, or any other liquor. These drinks can cause visible stains on your aligners. Also, don’t forget to rinse your mouth before you wear back your aligners after having alcohol.
Sorry but no, you can’t drink tea or coffee either because these beverages can also leave a stain on your Invisalign. Moreover, hot tea and coffee can deform the shape of your aligners, making them unfit for your teeth. Thus keep your distance from tea and coffee during your ongoing Invisalign treatment.
When the sugar in sodas comes into contact with the bacteria in your mouth, an acid is generated, which damages your teeth. Aligners trap the sugar and bacteria and will significantly increase the speed of tooth decay. So either drink aerated drink after removing Invisalign or at least use a straw to minimize the damage.
Milk is always known as the calcium-rich miracle drink for teeth and bones. But milk also contains natural sugar. So while it may not stain your teeth, it can defiantly cause cavities. Therefore always remove aligners while drinking milk. And rinse your mouth thoroughly before you put on your aligners again.
You may ask this out of irritation because of the restrictions of Invisalign treatment. But it’s imperative to take all the required measures to maintain your aligners as they are your ticket to a beautiful and confident smile. However, you can drink water with Invisalign. Not only it is entirely safe, but it also keeps your aligners clean and protected from germs.
0 comments on “What Can You Drink With Invisalign & What to Avoid?”